You have must heard about “The Great Wall of China” the world’s largest wall. But did you hear about world’s second largest wall which is located in India?
It is Kumbhalgarh fort located in Rajsamand district of Rajasthan the wall of the fort is 36 km long and 15 feet wide. The fort was built by Maharana Azad. The Fort is located at the altitude of 1100 m above of sea. It had taken 15(1443-1458) years for completion. On the completion of this fort Maharana Kumbha built a coin engraved fort and its name. The fort was built including several valleys and hills, which makes it the natural protective reason it is invincible. On High places in the fort palace were built temples and residential buildings, and the flat land was used for agricultural and slope part used for reservoirs.
Here is the brief of Information about monuments inside the fort:
- The entrance to the fort from the south by using a gate often known as Aret Pol, then this gateway you will find Halla Pol, Hanuman Pol, Good old ram gate and also Vijay Pol gateways.
- The Hanuman Poll will be significant mainly because it enshrines a picture of Hanuman that was built by means of Rana Kumbha coming from Mandavpur.
- The impressive complex towards the top is approached further by means of three gateways viz., your Bhairon Pol, the Nimboo Pol along with the Paghra Pol.
- An additional gateway Danibatta, situated for the east, hooks up Mewar location with Marwar.
- The actual Ganesh temple, located along the road ultimately causing the palaces, was constructed to fulfill Maharana Kumbha.
- According to one of the several inscriptions regarding Kirti-stambha regarding Chittorgarh ft, Rana Kumbha consecrated a picture of Ganesha in this particular temple.
- The Vedi temple was constructed by Rana Kumbha in AD 1457 with regard to performing rituals soon after completion on the fort.
- This twice story developing was erected on a high platform.
- The temple faces the western world. It will be octagonal using thirty-six support beams supporting your domical ceiling.
- Multiple shrined temples dedicated to goddesses is found to your east with this temple.
Neelkanth Mahadev Temple-
- The actual Neelkanth Mahadev temple, situated in the east regarding Vedi shrine, was internal AD 1458 and also enshrines a new Siva Ling within the sanctum.
- This temple was made on the lifted platform available from the west by using a flight regarding steps.
- The temple includes a sanctum and also an available pillared canopy (mandapa) all over.
- The shrine can be viewed from most sides using the entrance from each of the four recommendations.
- A rock inscription for the left pillar on the western entrance mentions in relation to its building work by Rana Sanga.
- That temple ended up being constructed by means of Nar Singh Pokhad within Vikrama Samvat 1508 (AD 1451).
- The item constructed at 3 ft high bronze sculpture of Jain Tirthankara Parsvanatha.
- Bawan Devi Temple-
- That is a famous Jain temple, which derives it is named from your fifty-two (bawan) shrines in one compound built around the main shrine.
- The even larger shrine among the temple-group includes a sanctum, a new gap and also an available pavilion (mandapa).
- A perception of Jaina Tirthankara will be carved for the lalata-bimba on the doorway.
- The smaller shrines are without any idols.
Golerao Number of Temples-
- The Golerao group of temples is found adjacent in order to Bawan Devi Temple and holds of being unfaithful shrines confined by way of a circular wall.
- On it is exterior your shrines are adorned using beautifully designed sculptures regarding gods-goddesses.
- On such basis as the architectural type, the temples-group can be ascribed to the period regarding Rana Kumbha.
- A sculpture comprises an inscription dated 1516 (AD 1459) which often states in relation to one Govinda.
- This temple is also known as Kumbha Shyam, and it includes a flat-roofed sanctum and a pillared pavilion (mandapa).
- An inscription regarding Rana Kumbha giving the detailed history of Kumbhalgarh ended up being fixed about this temple.
- A large number of carved sculptures of gods-goddesses had been found from your compound with this temple.
Pitalia Dev Temple-
- This east facing Jain shrine is found in your northern side on the fort that was built by way of a Pitalia Jain Seth in 1512 (AD 1455) on a raised plinth.
- This temple includes a pillared sabha-mandapa and a sanctum acquiring entrances from each of the four recommendations.
- The jangha will be adorned using images regarding gods and also goddesses aside from aspires and also dancers.
- The construction of Rana Kumbha is found near the Pagda Pol.
- This palace is usually a two story developing.
- It involves two rooms, a corridor in the middle and available spaces.
- The rooms are offered with jharokhas and also windows within stones.
- Birth Place of Maharana Pratap-
- The palace often is known as ‘Jhalia ka Malia’ or the ‘Palace regarding Queen Jhali’ is found near Pagda Pol.
- This is thought to be the construction where Maharana Pratap came to be.
- It is made of rubble rock with simple walls and also flat roofing. The traces of portraying can still be seen on the wall.
- Badal Mahal is found at the very best point on the fort.
- That palace will be profusely embellished with walls paintings.
- It had been built by means of Rana Fateh Singh (AD 1885-1930).
- The palace is usually a two story construction divided into two interconnected distinct portions when i. e. the Zanana Mahal along with the Mardana Mahal.
- The Zanana Mahal receives stone jalis which often facilitated your queens to find out the courtroom proceedings along with events within privacy.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT KUMBHALGARH FORT
Entry Fee:- For Indian: Rs 10 Per Person
For foreigner:- Rs 100 Per Person
Fee For Light and Sound: 100 rs Per Person(Only In Hindi)