Exploring the Healthiest Roadside Snacks in India: A Comprehensive Guide
When it comes to snacking on the go, India has a plethora of delicious options. From chaat to samosas, there’s something for everyone. But when it comes to choosing the healthiest roadside snack to eat, it can be difficult to know where to start.
Fortunately, we’ve put together this comprehensive guide to help you make the healthiest snack choices when you’re on the move. So, without further ado, let’s explore some of the healthiest roadside snacks in India.
Fruit Chaat: Fruits are one of the healthiest snacks you can enjoy on the go. A great way to enjoy them is in the form of a delicious fruit chaat. This snack is made by mixing chopped fruits with a blend of spices, lemon juice, and chaat masala. It’s a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals without sacrificing taste.
Bhel Puri: Bhel puri is a classic Indian snack made with puffed rice, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, and a variety of chutneys and spices. This snack is high in fiber and protein, making it a great choice for those looking for a healthy snack on the go.
Vada Pav: Vada pav is a popular snack that’s often enjoyed as a quick lunch. It’s made with a deep-fried potato patty that’s sandwiched between two slices of pav (a type of Indian bread). It’s typically served with chutneys and spicy green chilies, making it a delicious and healthy snack to enjoy on the go.
Kachori: Kachori is a popular snack that’s made with a deep-fried, spiced dough. It’s often filled with potatoes, onions, lentils, and spices, and it’s an excellent source of protein and fiber. So, if you’re looking for a healthier snack option, kachori is a great choice.
Pav Bhaji: Pav bhaji is a popular Indian snack that’s made with a combination of mashed vegetables, spices, and butter. It’s served with pav (a type of Indian bread) and is a great source of vitamins and minerals.
These are just some of the healthiest roadside snacks in India. So, the next time you’re on the go, make sure to try one of these delicious and nutritious snacks.
5 Healthy Snack Ideas for Road Trips in India
Road trips in India can be a great way to explore the country’s vibrant culture and diverse landscape. While it’s easy to get carried away with all the tasty snacks available on the roadside, it’s important to make sure you’re getting the most nutritional benefit out of your snacks. Here are five of the most healthy roadside snack ideas for road trips in India.
1. Roasted Chana: Roasted chana, also known as bhuna chana, is a popular snack in India. It’s a great source of protein, fiber and vitamins. Roasted chana is also low in fat and calories and can be a great snack to munch on when traveling.
2. Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are a great snack option when it comes to road trips in India. They are packed with vitamins and minerals and are a great source of energy. Be sure to choose fruits and vegetables that are easy to eat on the go, such as apples, oranges, carrots and cucumbers.
3. Samosas: Samosas are a popular snack in India and are usually filled with potatoes, peas, and spices. While they may be high in fat and calories, they are still a much healthier option than most of the other snacks available on the roadside.
4. Popcorn: Popcorn is a great snack option that is low in fat and calories and is also high in fiber. Popcorn can be a great way to satisfy your cravings without loading up on unhealthy snacks.
5. Roasted Peanuts: Roasted peanuts are a great snack to munch on during road trips in India. They are a great source of protein and fiber and are also low in fat and calories. Roasted peanuts are also a great source of magnesium, zinc, and other minerals.