9 Reasons Why You Need To Visit India:
Our world has so many great places to offer which sometimes leave a deeper impression on our minds and hearts. These places enrich our being and act like food to our souls. India is certainly one of such places, where once visited, it definitely stays close to your heart. No wonder it’s called Incredible India. The enriching diversity of this country makes it unexpected and all the more adventurous.
1. The People: the people you find here, or the locals, are one of the kindest, especially of the rural areas. These people are gifted with amazing hospitality. Whether you attend their lavish weddings or are invited to a traditional meal at home. They are generous, always helping. And when you see kids playing around it always overwhelms you with joy.
2. Architecture and World Heritage Sites: home to the world’s oldest civilization, the architecture of India is rooted in its history, culture and religion. Architectural styles have evolved under the influence of countless dynasties as well as the colonial period. The forts, palaces and temples in India are often characterized by some of the most striking architectural designs and display the artistic prowess of the Indian kingdoms and dynasties. There are as many as 32 UNESCO World Heritage-listed sites here, making India a treasure trove for history lovers and design enthusiasts.
3. The Taj Mahal, or the World’s Most Famous Building: At least one visit should be on every traveller’s bucket list to this beautifully majestic mausoleum called, Taj Mahal. It was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial to his beloved wife, Mumtaj Mahal. It is one of the seven wonders of the world. It took 20 years and 20000 masons, designers, architects and workers to build this greatest symbol of love on the planet.
4. Rajasthan: The enchanting Thar desert will make you transport back in time and the mystery in the air will give you a sense of being a part of “Arabian Nights” with tales of stretching desert landscapes, camels, harems and everything exotic. Rajasthan alone holds more of historic value than the whole nation combined. It has lingering images of the maharajas, their forts and palaces, which makes it a must to be explored.
5. Religion: India is a humble abode to all of the major religions of the world and is the birthplace of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism. Religion and spirituality are intertwined complexly into daily lives of the people here. Spiritual arts like Yoga and Meditation have attracted a huge number of tourists from the world. Moreover, just by observing the local people performing their rituals is a sight in itself. No wonder India is famous for its spiritual adventures.
6. Culture: Most tourists consider visiting India as they want to experience the various cultures and traditions which are diverse and unique. People living here belong to so many different backgrounds who hold their traditional and cultural values quite high. India is certainly a wonderland of various art, dance and music forms owing to its deep rooted culture.
7. Food: Whether home cooked or restaurant made, right from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, India has such different varieties of cuisines and delicacies to offer. It’s an absolute food paradise and arguably the richest one so. From curries to chutneys to masalas to mithais, it’s just overwhelming for any foodie to dine out here, leaving him always wanting for more.
8. The Amazing Golden Triangle: While visiting India you cannot afford to leave the famous Golden Triangle which comprises of the cities- Agra, Delhi and Jaipur. Called so because of their cultural splendour, which includes the iconic Taj Mahal and Ranthambore National Park. This triangle is one of the essentials and it forms the basis of the classic tour of northern part of India.
9. Different Rickshaw Rides: There are so many different types of rickshaw rides available in India like auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw, hand pulled-rickshaw and also the battery operated E-rickshaw. They are so vibrant and colourful and their drivers are always eager to take you through the congested most alleys to your destinations. Rickshaw rides are an adventure in themselves, the only catch is never forgotten to fix the fare beforehand.