Chunar Fort is located in the Chunar Mirzapur northern side of the Kaimur Hill. It is situated on the southern bank of the Ganges. The fort is located on the right bank of the Ganges. The fort was the center of a Hindu power. Yet the fort remains of the Hindu period buildings, including important paintings are engraved. The fort has one Btrihri temple built by Vikramaditya. Forts also have Muhal’s tomb.
History of Chunar Fort In Mirzapur Uttar Pradesh
On April 18 1924 at present collector engraved details on sahilaptar Accordion to the Shilapathaar engraved by present collector in 18 April 1924 after the emperor Vikramaditya prithviraj Chauhan 1191 from 1141, Shahabuddin Ghauri in 1198, Swamiraj from 1333, Muhammdshah Sharqi from 1445, Sikander Shah Lodi from 1512, Babur in 1529, 1530 and 1536 from the Shershahsuri and Humayun others rulers rule. Humayun had taken fort under taken after the war against Sher Shah.
The fort was reconstructed by Sher Shah Suri. It has tall walls around the fort. Watching the sunset form here appears to be very pleasant. It is said that when the fort was captured by Akbar at that time fort was under the Avadh Nawabs. The Fort has Sonawa Mandap, Sun Dhupgadi, and Large Well.
This fort had special significance of war between Mughal emperor Humayun and Afghan Sardaar Sher Shah Suri.. In 1539 Sher Shah Suri took over the fort then in 1575 AD in the reign of Akbar. The re-taken by the Mughals. In the 18th century, the fort was in possession of the Nawab of Awadh, which after acute and sustained disruptions in 1763-64 by the British General Carnak stripped of the generalship.
After September, 1781 in Nawab of Awadh on a treaty and was signed by Henstingj. Located on the border during the reign of the company for a long time remained the military significance. Warren Hestingj it was extremely beloved dwelling. The company uses Chunar their hosts had to settle for the old and patient soldiers. Europeans dwelling place of the mark so far as the cemetery and church are present.